Ask the Expert Session: Legal Aspects of the Coronavirus Regime
Time & Location
About The Event
We would like to invite you to the Ask the Expert Session: Legal Aspects of the Coronavirus Regime, which was prepared in cooperation with the Czech-Irish Business and Cultural Association, the law offices of bpv BRAUN PARTNERS (Partner Marc Müller and Senior Associate David Plevka) and the Irish Embassy in the Czech Republic (Deputy Head of Mission at the Embassy Erin Swan).
What topics will be discussed?
Covid-19: How it affects business relationships
· Influence of force majeure on existing contractual relations, damages, extension of agreed terms
· Possibilities of withdrawal from the contract in case of non-compliance with the contract
· Possibilities of using change of circumstances and impossibility of performance due to established government measures
· State interference in leases of business premises (impossibility to terminate leases when certain conditions are met) and summary of other intended actions of the government in the field of Real Estate
Lex Covid: A closer look
· General meetings (including options for participation of foreign partners and shareholders)
· Extension of the term of office for elected bodies of legal entities
· Financial statements
· The influence of the law on ongoing proceedings
· Waivers of missed deadlines in court proceedings (civil, administrative and criminal proceedings)
· Exclusion of contractual interest for late payment
Among other things, we will also touch on general questions such as:
· Practicalities of travel between Ireland and the Czech Republic at present
· Potential financial support
· …and any other questions related to the topics above
The session will take place on May 20th, from 2pm to 3pm CET.
If you have any questions about the topic, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by the day of the session.
Registered participants will receive an email the day before the session with information on how to access the webinar.