Mon, 31 May|
EU Recovery 2021: Community led approaches on climate action and energy
The Embassy of Ireland will be hosting a public webinar “EU Recovery 2021: Community led approaches on climate action and energy” in collaboration with organisations and partners in Ireland, Portugal and the Czech Republic.
Time & Location
31 May 2021, 11:30 – 13:30 GMT+2
About The Event
Communities in West Cork, Cascais and Kladno have already collaborated on project proposals for EU Horizon funding for innovative approaches to renewable energy and energy efficiency. This event will strengthen the ongoing dialogue and open up opportunities for inter-regional collaboration on climate action across business, communities, civil society and municipalities. We hope you can join!
Ambassador Manahan will host the event, Michaela Pixová of the Czech Climate Coalition will moderate, with speakers from Kladno Municipality, Argentum Consultants, Green Skibbereen, Enterprise Ireland and others. Further details on Eventbrite.
The event is free with registration through Eventbrite. Please share widely with your interested contacts and partners.
We look forward to seeing you then.
1. Welcome and Introduction - Ms. Cliona Manahan, Irish Ambassador to the Czech Republic and Ukraine
2. Moderator - Michaela Pixová, Urban Geographer, University of New York in Prague & Czech Climate Coalition
3. Alexandra Revez, Environmental Research Institute, UCC, Ireland
Innovative approaches to develop pathways to a low carbon and climate resilient future: Imagining 2050.
4. Odelia Malka, Chief of Strategy, Argentum Consultants
Opportunities for trans-national cooperation: Horizon Europe.
5. Noel Casserly, SmartEarth and Director, Green Skibbereen
Promoting Climate Action and Sustainability in West Cork and the vision for Centre for Climate Action and Sustainability at Myross Wood House.
6. João Dinis, Coordination of the Urban Transition Acceleration Division, Cascais Muncipality, Portugal
Innovative climate action solutions and citizen engagement of Cascais City, Portugal.
7. David Škorňa, Kladno Municipality, Czech Republic
Sustainable Energy and Zero Carbon Communities – the city of Kladno, Czech Republic.
8. Tonia Spollen Behrens, Enterprise Ireland
Enterprise Ireland: Opportunities through International Financial Institutions and EBRD Green Cities Initiative.
9. Q&A - Moderator Michaela Pixová
10. Closing remarks - Ms. Cliona Manahan